Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hair question... important?

okay, my hair is naturally medium/dark brown and i dyed it an amber color, after that i decided to try and get it back brown and orangish streaks kept coming out each time i tried to dye it back brown. i decided to strip my hair even though i know its really bad for your hair, but luckily my hair is healthy enough. i called clairol and they told me that i should use a light reddish color to do a tint back on my hair, then add a light brown color so my hair won't be too dark. well, she told me to just put the hair color(no developer) on my hair for the red and blot it and i did, and then put the brown color on so i did that as well. my hair is reddish brown and i'm wondering, when my hair starts to grow out and the color starts to fade, will the orange from stripping the hair come thru? (when stripping the hair, it turns brown hair orange sometimes)?and i still want to get it brown, but my hair is shoulder length and im wondering if i should waitforittogrowoutorshould useatempdyeontop



Hair question... important?

It is hard to say weather it will show. being you did not use a developer it might. It is more like a toner she had you do with out buying a toner. But it will not be permanent colour with out the developer so it will wash out with each wash.



When you do a colour you need to know what the base colour is of the colour you are putting into your hair. I don't know if you have gray hair or not. But gray has no pigment so it can pick up the base color sometimes of the colour you used. More then likely you have a red base to your hair. So you would use a red base if you want a lot of red. If you don't want red you would use a green base. It is like the primary and secondary colours on a colour wheel. When you mix red and green you get brown. I am thinking your base colour in the amber was gold or yellow which will give you an orange. Then when you striped most likely not all the colour came out and you are left with the base orange.



I would say to wait and see it may not show orange when it fades. But if it does you need to buy a professional hair color from like sally's or beauty mart. Anyone can buy professional colors now. Make sure it has a green base to it.



Then follow the way you would normally colour your hair. But leave the new growth and the ends until the last 10 min or so. You ends will pick up colour faster and so does the new growth or virgin hair. You will see what the base colour is on the box of the colour. I hope this helps



Hair question... important?

I'm telling you, stop trying to correct it, your hair will get ruined. My hair is also a medium/dark brown, and at 18 years old i started getting partial honey highlights just the crown area and i just recently stopped, I'm 27 years old now but last year was the last straw for me and i said "NO MORE"even thought the highlights look beautiful and the lady from the salon i use to go to always made them look great but i really do regret it soooo much now, from all the chemicals of highlighting for so many years, than all the chemicals to try to correct my hair and get it back to my natural color made it even worse!...Now my hair is extremely dry i lose more hair i noticed...so save yourself from my experience and just leave it alone. I wish i had my natural healthy medium/dark brown hair again! Now i just will let it grow all out and hope eventually i get my natural hair back.

No comments:

Post a Comment