Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stripping the hair, important.?

okay, my hair is naturally medium/dark brown and i dyed it an amber color, after that i decided to try and get it back brown and orangish streaks kept coming out each time i tried to dye it back brown. i decided to strip my hair even though i know its really bad for your hair, but luckily my hair is healthy enough. i called clairol and they told me that i should use a light reddish color to do a tint back on my hair, then add a light brown color so my hair won't be too dark. well, she told me to just put the hair color(no developer) on my hair for the red and blot it and i did, and then put the brown color on so i did that as well. my hair is reddish brown and i'm wondering, when my hair starts to grow out and the color starts to fade, will the orange from stripping the hair come thru? (when stripping the hair, it turns brown hair orange sometimes)?and i still want to get it brown, but my hair is shoulder length and im wondering if i should waitforittogrowoutorshould useatempdyeontop



Stripping the hair, important.?

Most likely it's going to come through. I stripped my hair because I dyed it black, and I just wanted my natural brown color. But after you strip your hair, whatever color you dye it will become lighter and fade. It'll take a couple of dye jobs before your hair can get matched. Your best bet is to go to a professional. Stripping hair is a hard thing to do, and if it's not done right your hair will be dried for a long time.



Stripping the hair, important.?

I think your best bet is to go to a professional hair colorist at a salon. Although they can be fairly pricy, they have better products and can get you closer to the color you want. Just be very clear in explaining your desired color and maybe even bring a picture of what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment