Sunday, July 26, 2009

I want to kick relaxers and texturizers out of my life forever. will my hair fall out?

i have a question. I am of mixed race and i have just come to the realization that its true cutting your hair does not make it grow faster. my hair is healthy looking but shoulder length because i let my stylist go scissor happy. Well, i texturized my hair a few times (3 to be exact). it was 6 months in between each time. i have decided to quit because of the damage i have seen done to my hair after treatment. so i wanted to know. is it ok to just stop relaxing your hair or do i have to cut it all off and start over. i am very unattractive with short hair as i have tried it already. please help me. i dont want my hair to fall out.



I want to kick relaxers and texturizers out of my life forever. will my hair fall out?

Well.



My hair fell out [not completely lol] from using relaxers %26amp;it got really short and damaged. bleh..so I got my ends trimmed, %26amp;stopped using relaxers. Now two years later, my hair is starting to return to my original length [shoulder length].



So yeah..if you stop using relaxers and texturizers, just even out your ends %26amp;sooner or later [most likely later] it'll get healther. If you take care of it that is.



I want to kick relaxers and texturizers out of my life forever. will my hair fall out?

Where the natural hair meets the relaxed hair is the weakest part. If you could cut off the relaxer, that would be ideal. If not, use leave in conditioner, deep condition weekly, and try not to style your hair in a manner that would stress it greatly.



Reduce the tight braids, ponytails, hot stylers etc etc...and let it grow.



Oh but you are going to have to cut the relaxer off at some point, depnding on how healthy you hair is or how well it looks, you make not have to cut if off in one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment