Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Something I don't understand about hair straighteners..........?

Everyone says that if you use one too much, your hair get's dry and dead. I use it almost daily and everyone I know says that my hair is soft and healthy. I don't understand!



Something I don't understand about hair straighteners..........?

You must be doing it right- I'm guessing that since you use it daily, you are using an iron-type . If used correctly, this is not significantly damaging.



Chemical hair straighteners are much more damaging.



General good health and diet also help keep your hair well. Congratualtions!



Something I don't understand about hair straighteners..........?

It's all about the shampoo and conditioner you use, and how you treat your hair and what you put in it:) Sounds like your doing it right;)



Something I don't understand about hair straighteners..........?

If your hair is staying healthy, you're very lucky - best way to keep it like that if you're going to continue using the product is to wash and condition your hair withs shampoo and conditioner that does not contain alcohol. Silk Elements and Motions are very popular, affordable and is avail in all beauty supply stores.



Something I don't understand about hair straighteners..........?

If your hair is super healthy, it'll be fine even if you 'torture' it tons of times.



Some people are born with really good hair. Everyone is different. I curl/straighten my hair twice a year and it's fine. My dancer friend uses hair straighteners on every performance and it's still fine. Another straightens it just once and she had to cut it short because it frizzed so badly.



It also depends on the method. Some people hold it to close to the roots and damage their hair shaft. Some hold it too long at a time. Hair products may or may not be used.



It's good that it poses no problems for you lucky gal.



One word of caution though, with age, your hair is less resistant to damage.



And if you have inherited the genes of baldness like some of my girlfriends, may even start losing hair.. a lot of hair.. regardless of your current hair condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment